QUEBEC IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
The Quebec government has announced that they will accept new applications under Quebec Immigrant Investor Program for a limited period from August 31st 2015 until January 29th ,2016. Under this period, Quebec government will accept maximum of 1750 applications including a maximum of 1200 from China, Hong Kong, and Macao. To be eligible, applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Legitimately acquired personal net worth of at least 1.6 million dollars Canadian;
- At least two years of senior managerial experience within the past five years in a private enterprise, eligible partnership, government body or NGO;
- Commit to making an interest free investment of $800,000 CAD in a prescribed investment for a period of five years;
- Intention to settle in the province of Quebec;
- Application processing fee of $15,000 CAD.
ENTREPRENEUR START UP VISA PROGRAM
The Start Up Visa Program grants Permanent Residence to immigrant entrepreneurs while assisting them to become established in Canada. This program is to recruit innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive economic growth. Successful candidates link with private sector organizations in Canada, where they can receive funding, guidance, and expertise in opening and operating their business in Canada.
- Have received letter of support from government designated organization;
- Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5);
- Completed at least one year of post secondary education, during which applicant was in good standing in the educational institution;
- Sufficient funds to settle in Canada;
- Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec; and
- Provide medical and security clearances.
To apply for a start up visa, the business idea or venture must obtain the support of one of the designated organizations: Designated Venture Capital Funds; Designated Angel Investor Groups; Designated Business Incubators.
Investor must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund.
Investor must secure a minimum of $75,000 of the investment comes from a designated Canadian angel investor group. Applicant need not secure any investment from a business incubator. However, he/ she must be accepted into a Canadian business incubator program.
Provincial Nominee Program Entrepreneur
- British Columbia Nominee Program (Entrepreneur)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (Entrepreneur)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (Entrepreneur)
BC PNP: The BC government has launched a new program open to business immigrants around the world, with a new online registration system allowing candidates to express their interest in the program. Successful candidates will obtain a work permit and once the operation fulfils the requirements of the program, he/ she can apply for permanent residence in Canada.
- Net worth of at least $600,000 CAD, legally acquired and verifiable
- Intention to invest minimum of $200,000
- Minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education or experience as an active business owner-manager with 100 percent ownership of the business for at least 3 years
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to successfully establish his/ her business in BC
Manitoba PNP: This program recruits and nominates business people from around the world with the intent to immigrate to Manitoba, and establish or purchase a business or become a partner in an existing business.
- Minimum personal net worth of $350,000, legally acquired and verifiable
- Three years of business or farm ownership experience
- Intention to invest a minimum of $150,000 into establishing or purchasing 33.3% of a business in Manitoba
- Agree to make a $75,000 deposit to Manitoba Government upon approval, which is refundable upon investment in Manitoba and establishing of the business.
SINP: To be eligible to apply under SINP, applicant must meet the minimum eligibility criteria to be able to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to apply. There are three steps to nomination process: Submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) to SINP; Invitation to Apply; and Nomination.
- Have $500,000 CAD minimum in Net Business and Personal Assets;
- Have a minimum of three years of relevant business management or entrepreneurial experience gained in past 10 years
- Intend to invest a minimum of $300,000 CAD in Regina and Saskatoon; or a minimum of $200,000 CAD in all other Saskatchewan communities.